Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Series Born From a Dream...

Nearly five years ago, Joaquin came to me in a dream. I imagined an assassin with a cold heart holding a woman who offered him a chance at redemption. The dream was vivid enough for me to write it down when I woke up. Even plotting out the idea, it felt insufficient for a novel.

I'd been playing around with the idea of a supernatural creature reborn to do the Lord's work. I imagined Lila's mate finding her after many years of searching for his lost love. Merging the two stories led me to write The Fallen (originally titled The Rogue Hunter).

The novel with three POV (Joaquin, Lila, and Sophie) felt intimate, yet the series grew into a cast of dozens. An army of lost angels fighting evil and slowly being led to their redemption.

Based on how Joaquin was created, it's rather fitting how many of the signs and visions the hunters receive in the Angelic Redemption series come from dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment